There are situations where you can’t wash your hands, and you really wish you could. In such case, an anti-bacterial hand sanitizer might come in handy, as it disinfects the skin. Since the store-bought solutions usually contain alcohol, it’s a good idea to make your own sanitizer at home. Here’s a recipe for a natural hand sanitizer!
Antibacterial hand gel – why buy it when you can make your own?
Sadly, premade hand sanitizers very often contain alcohol. While it may sanitize and kill germs residing on railings, tram bars or toilet handles, it also makes the skin of hands dry. It’s very undesirable – especially in winter. Which, homemade hand sanitizer, is a good idea. That is not only Ecological and natural, but it also takes care of impurities on hands while getting them adequately moisturized.
How does a homemade Antibacterial hand sanitizer work?
The effectiveness of a homemade hand sanitizer relies on the sanitizing power of antibacterial oils. Antibacterials oils are the secret here!
Camphor oil kills bacteria and cleans the skin. On top of that, it is very often used in perfumes for aroma. It will not only cause hand sanitizer to sterilize hands but also to give them a nice, fresh scent.
Eucalyptus oil, thanks to containing eucalyptol, has strong antibacterial properties. But that’s just one of its advantages! On top of that, it is often used for aromatherapy. Its scent can make you relax, and stress-related tension will leave your muscles.
The last essential oil to be listed in the composition of my Antibacterial hand sanitizer is the tea-tree oil. Personally, I believe that there is no scent more beautiful in this world! The tea-tree oil is very often used in cosmetics – it has antiseptic action and helps battle acne.
The entirety of the essential oil aromatic composition is “bound together” with natural aloe gel. This ingredient dilutes oils that, if applied to the skin separately, might cause irritation. Aloe softens hands and gives them a sensation of pleasant moisture, or even cooling.
A homemade hand sanitizer – the recipe
- 1/4 cup of aloe gel;
- 5 drops of camphor essential oil;
- 5 drops of eucalyptus essential oil;
- 15 drops of tea-tree essential oil.
- Squeeze aloe gel in the glass up to the 1/4 of its height – it might be a premade drugstore gel or freshly squeezed out of aloe leaves.
- Add 5 drops of camphor essential oil, 5 drops of eucalyptus essential oil and 15 drops of tea-tree essential oil to the aloe gel.
- Mix the ingredients thoroughly.
- Put the gel in a small bottle with a twisted cap. For better convenience, you may choose a bottle with a pump instead.